The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Miscellaneous

Old 04-17-2007, 12:45 AM
Last guardian of a fallen... wtf?

Location: Andromatlantis, in the Tri-Pegasus Galaxy. (Wait, what?)
Default Star Trek: Voyager - Yours to own in Gibberish Today!

So I just recieved all seven seasons of Voyager in the mail. From China. Bought them on eBay of course.

Would you like to know what the blurb for season one says? Of course you would, because that's why I started this thread!

Ahem.

Navigator's number of warship of star headed by first woman captain precious Wei, fall into an enormous cavity , is thrown and united 70000 mere distant place from the star , for solve energy shortage problem, precious Wei captain lead team member go rascal celestial body survey energy, unexpectedly, Nilles is attacked, the lung is siphoned away fast; Find the celestial body person's corpse of grade a lot of 5 on the globular asteroid; Pursue gram com -mandant injured attack that energy flow with card tower , navigator number face uniden -tified energy shed attack, a large amount of energy run off, unidentified other star seize the opportunity , slip into airship, team member supervise unprecedented challenge...

Doesn't that sound exciting?
I'll post the rest of the seasons (they only get better) as I get a chance.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:09 AM
You just activated his Trek card

Yikes. Looks like The Gospel of Darmok is spreading faster than we thought...

Bite the wax tadpole!

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:32 AM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

Quote:
I'll post the rest of the seasons (they only get better) as I get a chance.
Do not want.

(quote Backstroke of the West seemed appropriate)
Old 04-17-2007, 03:38 AM

Season Two:

Headed by the woman captain precious Wei navigator number save before the 400 year from the 20th century for the earth woman boat person and team of her that E.T. kidnap at some galaxy of celestial bodies Person,can return to earth the peoples on it sleep 400year by the earth again?
Crew that navigator have have , think feeling of house too once in a while, uninteresting space life let , feel lonely losing each person, then crew decide to breed the future generation on the ship; Crew's life and work become rich and colorful because of joining that a lot of other celestial bodies are biological, continue their immature mission in the space of the great writing brush...

Looks like it's really getting interesting now! Just wait until season seven, where apparently the crew turn into horses.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:59 AM

"Uninteresting space life?" Oh, I wanna buy that one!

"Then crew decide to breed the future generation on the ship." Shouldn't that be IN the ship?

"Continue their immature mission." Oh, so in this version Paris is in charge?

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:13 AM

Want to visit the ear tower area of Germany?

Season Three:

Precious captain Wei is leading a brave crew to come to the ear tower area of Germany from the remote outer space, when they have entered the particle district of a superlight speed, the transducer has been destroyed,suffer attack of airship morly among one space breach, force , fall in 29 century of the earths, have prevented a calamity ruin of solar system too; They go through hardships fly to , spend half Galaxy , dispel and withdraw and set up the m-
ajestic association of the army, find E.T. and fierce and more cruel enemy from famous celestial body, crew's life has recieved Venus Williams association, could they find the way to return to the earth in the 20th century...

'Ear tower area of Germany'? 'Crew's life has recieved Venus Williams association'? WHAT?????

BTW, the apparent random extra spaces and 'm-
ajestic' is exactly as it's written on there.

Last edited by AKAArzosah; 04-17-2007 at 04:17 AM.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:20 AM

Actually the forum is editing out all my extra spaces.

...space,_when___they_have___entered___the___parti cle_district___of_a_superlight_speed...

Last edited by AKAArzosah; 04-17-2007 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Oh now it's just being annoying! STOP IT
Old 04-17-2007, 05:21 AM

They spent half the galaxy? The following jokes come to mind (there are a plethora, El Guapo):

1. Did they use Star Trek Mastercard?
2. Which half? The one filled with disparate, squabbling cultures, or the half that the Federation isn't in?
3. I wonder how many ningis that adds up to.
4. I'd love to see the plastic bag that the purchaser used to carry it home.

Old 04-17-2007, 07:22 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

That does it. Google Translator has gone too far.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 04-17-2007, 07:32 AM

How they got away with mass producing this gibberish and selling to the public I'll never know. At least the episodes themselves are fine - and the menu screen is awesome!
Old 04-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Is he ever gonna hit Krazy Kat, or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAArzosah View Post
Season Three:

Precious captain Wei is leading a brave crew to come to the ear tower area of Germany from the remote outer space, when they have entered the particle district of a superlight speed...
I think I need more coffee...

'Yes, but I think some people should be offended.'
-- John Cleese (on whether he thought some might be offended by Monty Python)
Old 04-22-2007, 09:58 AM

I've had no time to do more than drop by the past few days, but here is *drumroll*

Season Four:

This one excellent science fiction movement serial, headed by precious captain Wei navigator number afford to make great efforts still, they shuttle back and forth in the space, go through a lot of thrill, the card tower commandant's shuttling back and forth machine is attacked and crashed in one dose of manors of cloth, pursue grams of first lieutenant deepen , look for where abouts of first lieutenant dangerous; Draw Kazakhstan add colony , cruel and ferocious card Rui guide people murder a lot of innocent citizens, send the abandoned airship found in area in A , has initiated the war beween the interplanetary alliance and blue people of nut unintentionally ; At this moment the bodies of the navigat
or's number begin to present the incompatible state too ...

First they visit Germany, and now Kazakhstan? So much for being 70000 light years from home.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:06 AM

Making the least sense yet, here is Season Five:

Navigator number stay in Delta already more than four years in quadrant, face the situation in a dilemma, precious captain Wei has felt guilty too, fortunately succeed in dissolving with the war between 8472 race, the person suspected of being involved in shielding , sheltering has soul reactioning of precious captain Wei, the navigator suffers alliance's naval search: Worm from hole to about 400 position of navigator , lead to the earth direct course of doorsteps, the navigator is brought into the worm hole by the person with soul reaction, but find this is a fraud, the crew faces the unprecedented life danger ...

I can't figure out what is meant by the 'person with soul reaction'.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:52 AM

Season Six, making even less sense than the last:

Interplanetary fleet nearer and nearer in Luis that No. come back home in navigator, crew's ind begins to fluctuate too, in destroy after Akers E.T. of celestial body attack, precious Wei captain resume card tower commandant position that relieve, navigator for escape , throw Rui attack of people , wake up , throw Rui people defeat and sleep Goethe forest people for 900 year unintentionally, in order to help the rejuvenation of a civilization , nearly make the navigator suffer the extinction ....

This season has a special Guest star profile! (Vaughn Armstrong)
A frequent quest star on Star Trek series,including Enterprise,Armstrong discusses and sing,[yes,sings!]about the many roles he's played, including a Brog,a Vidiian,and a Hirogen on Voyager.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:33 AM

And now, featuring the crew of horses you know and assimilated up,
Season Seven:

Navigator expeditionary team in dash for ward under Walker first lieutenant lead, destroy , unify matrix pitch, get back to the navigator and have again, the thought of dashing for ward Walker is controlled by horse's strange thought extremist then, attempt to wake sneaking memory of the strange this person's crew of horse already assimilated up ; Through the superlight speed particle electric wave, precious captain Wei got in touch with the first lieutenant of Barclay at last, the navigator reached some day 23 years later of delta walking, precious captain Wei was mysterious and missing suddenly, cause everybody ominous conjecture , dash for ward Walker can destroy queen , brother of wave , in con
-centrator space that nebula assign smoothly, go home together with the navigator's members?

Oh no! Precious captain Wei is mysterious and missing suddenly! Let's have some ominous conjecture!
Old 04-22-2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAArzosah View Post
...the navigator suffers alliance's naval search: Worm from hole to about 400 position of navigator , lead to the earth direct course of doorsteps, the navigator is brought into the worm hole by the person with soul reaction, but find this is a fraud, the crew faces the unprecedented life danger ...

I can't figure out what is meant by the 'person with soul reaction'.
I think that may be Qatai, in the episode "Bliss".

Or maybe it's Seven. Or...

Back to read more, later. These remind me of when we'd take sections of fivers and run them through five or six different language translations on GoogleTrans or BabelFish -- some of them were really quite amusing.

On the other hand, some things hold up amazingly well:
Quote:
Region: Finally, this is the mission of the spaceship of the trips of the side 5 years, the end to investigate the strange new worlds, to look a new life and new civilizations, to go courageous where the no man were

Old 04-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

Quote:
precious captain Wei
The syllable "jane" must mean precious (and about five other things) in Mandarin. Jane-Way becomes precious Wei (although why they didn't translate Wei I'm not sure).

17 explained to me how Revenge of the Sith became Backstroke of the West. Backstroke is a pseuo-archaic term for "hitting the other guy after he hits you", so I supposed that's sort of like revenge. Sith, obviously, isn't a real word, so they just tried to find a character that sounded like it. Apparently they couldn't find one with a -th on the end, so they went with Si- (Xi), which means West.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa'ar Chasm View Post
The syllable "jane" must mean precious (and about five other things) in Mandarin. Jane-Way becomes precious Wei (although why they didn't translate Wei I'm not sure).
I know that, with some European languages, some names don't have an obvious translation or meaning. I'm not familiar enough with Chinese languages to tell, but perhaps Wei might be such a case.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:05 PM

"Excellent science fiction movement serial..."

I find myself pathetic that Bill and Ted HAD to come to mind even though I've never seen them, I only know about their cliches thirdhand, and it STILL came to mind.

Anyone else find it weird that Barclay was translated correctly, but Janeway wasn't?