The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Miscellaneous

Old 05-08-2003, 04:00 AM
Gatekeeper
Exosite Head

Send a message via ICQ to Nan Send a message via Yahoo to Nan

[color=#000000ost_uid0]My Treacle Beast-class machine is called HellSPAWN.

The SPAWN is an acronym:

Stupid - because it does stupid things
Pansy-Arsed - because isn't machine enough to do much of anything (166 MHz processor, 32 MB RAM, 1 gig main HD, 400 meg auxilliary HD, total storage 1.4ish gigs. Kill me now)
Wanker - I like to work in British slang wherever possible
Nerdbox - any machine coveted by nerds: computers, dvd players, etc

from hell.

Plus, it allows me to yell, "I dub thee SPAWN!" and then I get a delicious Spawn/McFarlane reference. McFarlane is actually from near where I live.

Woo!

< / nerdy>

~Nan[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-08-2003, 10:27 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]*eyes light up* Oooooh that's cool! I'll wait for the next one and I'll see

Hmm. My computer's name is ....

...Matthew.

Maybe I should give it an Elvish name or one that befits it's general increasing retardedness. *takes out wand and taps it on compy* I christen thee..... ENTERPRISE!!

I'm kidding.[/colorost_uid0]

Old 05-08-2003, 06:30 PM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Oooooh that's cool! I'll wait for the next one and I'll see [/quoteost_uid0]

So'm I. My satire muscle seized up for this block. I got nuthin'.

[quoteost_uid0]Maybe I should give it an Elvish name or one that befits it's general increasing retardedness. *takes out wand and taps it on compy* I christen thee..... ENTERPRISE!!
[/quoteost_uid0]

Two exclamation marks? You're skating on thin ice, lassie *g*

Technically, you should break a bottle of synthale over the case. The performance of your Enterprise computer depends on who you've got running around its innards keeping things running: a nine-fingered Scotsman, a blind guy with a hair band on his face or a Texan who can't drive.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-08-2003, 07:50 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[color=#000000ost_uid0]The phrase 'Dinghy of Suckitude' once again springs to mind.[/colorost_uid0]
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 05-08-2003, 08:09 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Wonko The Sane Send a message via AIM to Wonko The Sane Send a message via MSN to Wonko The Sane

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I named my laptop 'Morn'.

It seems to sit there and do nothing, even when you want it to. Tends to be very sluggish. It starts working wonderfully when nobody else is around.

On another note, my debut fiver is almost done! Or should I say...it will be done "soon"?[/colorost_uid0]

Bears are crazy, they\'ll bite your head off if you\'re wearing steak on it.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:11 PM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Tends to be very sluggish[/quoteost_uid0]

You're sure it's not a Trill?[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-09-2003, 01:01 AM
Gatekeeper
Exosite Head

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Sa'ar"]The performance of your Enterprise computer depends on who you've got running around its innards keeping things running: a nine-fingered Scotsman, a blind guy with a hair band on his face or a Texan who can't drive..[/quoteost_uid0]

[quoteost_uid0="PointyHairedJedi"]The phrase 'Dinghy of Suckitude' once again springs to mind.[/quoteost_uid0]

*ROFLMAO!*[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-09-2003, 01:19 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Actually, risky. If I christen my compy enterprise it might never work properly for me again O.o;

Adding multiple exclaimation marks is a chronic disease of mine! Oh no! I'm doomed.

I'm sure I could find a medical condition to blame that on, like.... uhmm.... there was this syndrome which makes people suddenly compulsively yell out in public. can't remember name...

Oh yes, Tourette's Syndrome.

Yeah I have that and every now and then I get the compulsion to YELL REALLY LOUDLY!!

*does not dare put more than 2 exclaimation marks*

[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-09-2003, 01:59 AM
Gatekeeper
Exosite Head

[color=#000000ost_uid0]It's a Zeke thing. Plus, I also object to anything approaching AOHellspeek.

At least this never happens:

[quoteost_uid0="31337 h4x0r"]j00 sux0rz!!![/quoteost_uid0]

If so, I would abandon the Hammer of Smiting and go straight to the Wakizashi of Skewering. [/colorost_uid0]

Old 05-09-2003, 02:07 AM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]If so, I would abandon the Hammer of Smiting and go straight to the Wakizashi of Skewering. [/quoteost_uid0]

Coated with horseradish.

Let us not forget the Mallet of Fiving. Why's it called that? Because after an application of it, you're reduced ('accordionised' ) to one twelfth of your former height. On higher settings, you go from forumgoer to forumgore.[/colorost_uid0]

Old 05-09-2003, 02:10 AM
Gatekeeper
Exosite Head

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Wakizashi coated in wasabi.

That WOULD sting.

Mallet of Fiving. *Snigger*[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-09-2003, 12:18 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I would mention the Kipper of Thwapping, but it was starting to smell so I had to throw it away.

Ah well. Maybe someday I'll get a proper computer that doesn't slow to a crawl if I try to have more than two things open at once (it only has an Intel Celery processor - so called because it has exactly the same processing power as the vegtable of the same name).[/colorost_uid0]

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 05-10-2003, 02:51 AM
Gatekeeper
Exosite Head

[color=#000000ost_uid0]A Treacle Beast-class Celery? [/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-10-2003, 07:35 AM
Primal

[quoteost_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Let us not forget the Mallet of Fiving. Why's it called that? Because after an application of it, you're reduced ('accordionised' ) to one twelfth of your former height. On higher settings, you go from forumgoer to forumgore.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]*ROTFLMAO*

I need to invent some kind of weapon to THWAP people into submission. A baguette springs to mind....[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-14-2003, 02:58 PM
Still not up to Level 18

Send a message via MSN to Marill Send a message via Yahoo to Marill

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Wow, this topic's gotten bigger

>>Not me! I love May... everything seems to go right for me in this month.
Lucky, the only good thing about May for me is that I know June's the next month.. yey my birthday :P

>(According to the local newspaper, one of the areas in this town is in the top 4% of the worst areas in the UK 8| - Not surprisingly I want to get away from that! )
Hmm, I wonder where.... oh wait, that's where I live *looks out of window* hey someone's stealing my fence, no wait they're setting fire to it.. oh well I didn't like it anyway [/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-14-2003, 04:24 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Just out of curiosity, do you guys know which fiver the "dinghy of suckitude" line is from?[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 05-14-2003, 04:44 PM
Still not up to Level 18

Send a message via MSN to Marill Send a message via Yahoo to Marill

[color=#000000ost_uid0]>Just out of curiosity, do you guys know which fiver the "dinghy of suckitude" line is from?
Um no, but it sounds funny [/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-14-2003, 06:10 PM

Send a message via MSN to entei

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Hmm, I wonder where.... oh wait, that's where I live *looks out of window* hey someone's stealing my fence, no wait they're setting fire to it.. oh well I didn't like it anyway[/quoteost_uid0]

*buzzing sound* bbsskk.... fire outside of Burnside Resource Centre.... started by buckets! *bzzzzk*

Sorry, it had to be said!

I'll just crawl back in my box now.[/colorost_uid0]

I have a signature under construction... but you know what contractors are like!
Old 05-14-2003, 06:42 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Just out of curiosity, do you guys know which fiver the "dinghy of suckitude" line is from?[/quoteost_uid0]

Hehe - I'm not telling. It's too much fun to spoil it by not.[/colorost_uid0]

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 05-14-2003, 11:37 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Zeke"]Just out of curiosity, do you guys know which fiver the "dinghy of suckitude" line is from?[/quoteost_uid0]
I could guess, but no, I don't know off the top of my head.

That reminds me of the time Zuke showed up and became indignant over my referring to him as the eggplant that he is. I was going to do a take-off on whoever's reaction to Chakotay's cameo in the "Broken Bow" fiver, and I highly suspected that it was in the first Ent fiver, but somehow I managed to skim past it. I scanned through a handful of other episodes before I just gave up and *gasp* came up with something original.

By the way, I haven't been watching the episodes; could anyone tell me whether Archer decided to get the water polo net or whatever? :S Just curious.

*watches as innocent-bystanding newbies--and even a few old-timers--go into confusion-induced seizures * [/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs