The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > 5MV Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2004, 10:50 PM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[quoteost_uid0="Marc"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Another idea would be to release the fivers on CD-ROM -- either each Trek series on its own as it's completed, and/or the complete compilation of Trek parodies once they're all done.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Most people who had a computer to use the CD-ROM could just go to the site and read the fivers for free. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-08-2004, 10:52 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I'm still waiting for the DVDs to be released... Â Â Â

...Oh, now I remember what else I was going to say. Zeke, have you checked out Yahoo? As they insist on reminding me via occasional e-mail :eyeroll:, they do have a "store" system too. I doubt they'd be worth signing up for either, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear somebody (even me) has already mentioned them to you, but I felt I should mention it anyway.[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 03-09-2004, 12:56 AM
Long fellow

[color=#000000ost_uid0]We could just nicely ask Paramount to kindly let us borrow the rights. It [iost_uid0]might[/iost_uid0] work.

Who wants to write the letter?

--
Wowbagger: Unregistered so John Ashcroft can't hunt me down.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-09-2004, 02:24 AM
Infinitely prolonged

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Derek"]I'm no legal expert either, especially not on Canadian law, but according to the US copyright law, 5MV doesn't need permission since it is a parody. That's why, though Paramount could theoretically shut down every fanfic site, it couldn't shut down 5MV.[/quoteost_uid0]
Wow, that's nice.

By the way, I found the article I was talking about (not that it makes much difference). PC Magazine reccomends iUniverse for self-publishing.

[quoteost_uid0]There are alternatives, though -- and if you guys are interested in 5MV merchandise, I'll make checking them out a higher priority. Â Just keep in mind that I can't use copyrighted material on anything I sell. Â The clock logo is okay, for example, but not the 5s with ships on top. Â If there's interest, I'll start a thread for talking about what items you guys would want, and what you'd want on them.[/quoteost_uid0]

That'd be nice. As a website, no matter how great it is and no matter how deeply I'm involved in it, 5MV still seems like something 'out there'. A book or even a T-shirt with the 5MV logo would seem to validate 5MV's existance. That's my thought anyway. [/colorost_uid0]

Candace: (gasp) The square root of 'soon' is 'never'!

The Doctor: It was all in the job title: Head of human resources.
Lance: This time, it's personnel.

To God be the glory. ><>
Old 03-09-2004, 04:48 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Actually, two 5MV T-shirts already exist; I had them made partly for fun and partly to see if anyone at Toronto Trek 15 might recognize the logos. You can see them both in these pictures (which are three years old, by the way -- I look pretty different now).[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 03-09-2004, 05:59 AM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[color=#000000ost_uid0]See, I want one of those. [/colorost_uid0]

I'm not the devil, I just work for her.

What spoon? There is no spoon. According to Zeke, it's a cat. ~NeoMatrix

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Sa'ar Chasm: Too far south you hit Belgium.
catalina marina: Not in Limburg you don't.
Sa'ar Chasm: You do if you go south in the right way.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I dunno about T-shirts, most of them don't usually fit me, but I'm all up for a FMV book. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-10-2004, 01:29 AM
Wigging out

Send a message via ICQ to Nic Corelli

[color=#000000ost_uid0]5MV book... that would be so cool,

It doesn`t have to be released for sale. We could make the book just for fun. One copy, with all the fivers and TJIs published to date. Of course, it wouldn`t be easy to make that one book available to everyone here to see... unless we organize a 5MV convention where we could all meet... [/colorost_uid0]

~A Game of Thrones, book one of Song of Ice and Fire
Old 03-10-2004, 03:47 AM
Or is it KJHTMMM now?

Send a message via MSN to Katy Jane Send a message via Yahoo to Katy Jane

[color=#000000ost_uid0]And we could all gather around it, stare at it in Awe and bow to its greatness. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-10-2004, 04:25 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Nic Corelli"]One copy, with all the fivers and TJIs published to date.[/quoteost_uid0]
Do you have any [iost_uid0]idea[/iost_uid0] how big that book would have to be? Â Today's newspost may give you some idea....

By the way, KJ, something I've been meaning to ask -- member titles aside, where's your avatar really from?[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:06 AM
Wigging out

Send a message via ICQ to Nic Corelli

[quoteost_uid0="Zeke"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Do you have any [iost_uid0]idea[/iost_uid0] how big that book would have to be? Â Today's newspost may give you some idea....[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Well, maybe if we use a really tiny font, and some very thin pages...

I have a book, "Sinuhe the Egyptian", that has more pages than "War and Peace" but it`s actually very, very small... because the pages are so thin, almost transparent...

It`s an old edition of the book... my grandfather borrowed it from the library in 1954 or something... it has yet to be returned, [/colorost_uid0]

~A Game of Thrones, book one of Song of Ice and Fire
Old 03-10-2004, 11:56 AM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[quoteost_uid0="Zeke"][color=#000000ost_uid0]By the way, KJ, something I've been meaning to ask -- member titles aside, where's your avatar really from?[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]I'm not KJ (obviously), but isn't that Martia from Star Trek 6?[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-10-2004, 09:37 PM
Or is it KJHTMMM now?

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Thats right I Use it because she (the little girl form) was played by an actress named Katie Jane Johnston.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-11-2004, 01:11 AM
Primal

[quoteost_uid0="Nic Corelli"][color=#000000ost_uid0]It`s an old edition of the book... my grandfather borrowed it from the library in 1954 or something... it has yet to be returned, [/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Remind me never to lend you any books, ever. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-11-2004, 02:46 AM
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Completely off-topic: 17, being sucked in by your gigantic sig link to your blog, I noticed you mentioned a lab and micropipetting. Do I sense a fellow microbiologist in the house?[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-11-2004, 03:02 AM
Administrator

[quoteost_uid0="Katy Jane"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Thats right I Use it because she (the little girl form) was played by an actress named Katie Jane Johnston.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Ah. What's she holding?[/colorost_uid0]

Old 03-11-2004, 03:06 AM
Former Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Looks like somebody hasn't seen Star Trek VI in a while. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-11-2004, 03:25 AM
Doctoral candidate
Staff

Send a message via AIM to Scooter

[quoteost_uid0="Derek"][color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Zeke"]By the way, KJ, something I've been meaning to ask -- member titles aside, where's your avatar really from?[/quoteost_uid0]
I'm not KJ (obviously), but isn't that Martia from Star Trek 6?[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]And here I was thinking it was Drew Barrymore in "E.T." (sigh)

I guess I too need to see ST6 again. I remember the first time I saw it, in the theaters. I saw it at a screening, and the audience applauded and cheered during the opening scenes because Sulu had [iost_uid0]finally[/iost_uid0] gotten his own ship. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-11-2004, 03:57 AM
Or is it KJHTMMM now?

[color=#000000ost_uid0]She's holding the chain cuff thinigy that was around her ankle before she morfed[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-11-2004, 04:52 AM
Primal

[quoteost_uid0="Kira"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Completely off-topic: 17, being sucked in by your gigantic sig link to your blog, I noticed you mentioned a lab and micropipetting. Â Do I sense a fellow microbiologist in the house?[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Not a microbiologist, exactly... more like a hapless life science student. :P I do work with bacteria sometimes but yesterday's lab was a yeasty prac. We're knocking out some weird yeast gene and replacing it with a fish sperm gene.

::silence ensues::

What? It's TRUE, I assure you! Although why my prof. wants yeasts that make fish sperm is beyond me![/colorost_uid0]