The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Science Fiction

Old 12-03-2003, 01:57 PM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Since I've been posting about all of the other ones, I figured it'd be only right to post about the last one.

Season 7 came out yesterday!

I grabbed it right away and watched "Image in the Sand" and "Shadows and Symbols". Both very good. I'm not sure how much I've ever bought the whole Sisko-being-half-Prophet thing, but the episodes are still very good.

Anyway, anyone have any comments on Season 7? Anyone getting it?

Anyone getting Voyager next year? I am, but I won't be posting threads for each season, I'll leave that to someone else if they want to.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 12-03-2003, 05:02 PM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Anyway, anyone have any comments on Season 7? Anyone getting it?
[/quoteost_uid0]

I wasn't too impressed with Ezri at first. She's so tiny that I suspect there was room for either the slug or a backbone, but not both. Nichole DeBoer is cute, though, and Canadian.

Season 7 had a lot of episodes that struck me as...dumb. I know that sounds childish, but it's the best word I can come up with. Badda-Bing Badda-Boom, Take Me Out To The Holosuite, the one where we discover that Ezri's mother is a mob boss (The producers and writers agree with me on that one. They'd rather forget they ever wrote it).

The final arc was good, though, even if it was hard to keep track of all the plot threads. As The Station Turns.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 12-04-2003, 08:14 AM
Calvinist

Send a message via AIM to Opium Send a message via MSN to Opium Send a message via Yahoo to Opium

[color=#000000ost_uid0]There were some very good eps in the second half of season 7...and had one of the best Trek arcs ever, really.
And about the mob-boss mommy ep...it had that guy from "judging Amy" who always seems to be a lost dreamer boy-best thing about that ep
Yah, there were some really silly eps, but also some very good ones, and Badda-Bing Badda-Boom is very, very funny at 2am.[/colorost_uid0]
Please vote Morphine! (Thanks, Zeke!)
Needing more sleep since before 2003
Old 12-06-2003, 03:34 PM
Wigging out

Send a message via ICQ to Nic Corelli

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Opium"]There were some very good eps in the second half of season 7...and had one of the best Trek arcs ever, really.
And about the mob-boss mommy ep...it had that guy from "judging Amy" who always seems to be a lost dreamer boy-best thing about that ep
Yah, there were some really silly eps, but also some very good ones, and Badda-Bing Badda-Boom is very, very funny at 2am.[/quoteost_uid0]
I love DS9 Season 7!

I did have reservations about Take Me Out To The Holosuite, because of Sisko and his baseball, over and over and over again... But when I saw the episode, I loved it! One of the funniest Trek episodes I`ve ever seen.

Actually I liked all the episodes of Season 7. Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang was good, even Prodigal Daughter (Mommy-mob boss ep). After Image was a great episode, and The Changing Face of Evil... loved those Breen! So evil and cool,

And the interplay between Weyoun and Damar throughout that season... hilarious! When Worf killed Weyoun, and a new Weyoun arrived, and told Damar that they need more information about Starfleet plans, he tells him: "Maybe you should talk to Worf again", almost bursting into laughter...

And there was also that transporter accident that killed one version of Weyoun, and when he asked Damar about the investigation of the incident, he said something like: "Yes, we`re investigating that transporter... accident."

Season 7 rules!

Post-Edit: I forgot to mention "Extreme Measures" - I absolutely loved that episode! It was very weird, but in my opinion, brilliant.[/colorost_uid0]

~A Game of Thrones, book one of Song of Ice and Fire