The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > News
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2003, 02:01 PM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Two new Next Gen fivers today. New writer Nic Corelli brings us Five-Minute "Symbiosis" all the way from Croatia, and saxamaphone turns out another fiver with Five-Minute "Masks."[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-31-2003, 02:20 PM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Picard: I can't imagine what it must be like to depend on a chemical substance. Computer -- tea, Earl Grey, hot.

Captain's Log: Ha! Take that, CSI, NYPD Blue and Law & Order! You and your addicts-of-the-week! We have an entire civilization addicted to drugs! Beat that!

Picard: Sorry, but the Prime Directive forbids us from interfering with the natural course of your ineptitude.[/quoteost_uid0]
Excellent, Nic. Good debut.

[quoteost_uid0]Data: It is a 26-sided polyhedron, composed of hexagons, octagons and --

Riker: Look what we found inside the comet, sir -- a giant alien archive in the shape of a giant horse.

Worf: "How Sharper Than A Serpent's Tooth!"
Picard: Worf, we're not playing the "List the Episodes or Movies that the Current Events Duplicate" game.[/quoteost_uid0]
Great fiver, sax. And thanks for the reference. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-31-2003, 03:23 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Captain's Log: We're studying a star whose massive flares are making our computer go all flashy-blue and nuts. What a beautiful opportunity for Reckless Endangerment of the Ship [TM]. Janeway would be so proud.[/quoteost_uid0]

When I read that, I was sure this was going to be a classic. :lol:

[quoteost_uid0]Data: Captain, a distress call is coming from the ship orbiting the fourth planet. It's being sent to the third planet.
Picard: Well, I'm pretty sure we're not the third planet. Turn it off.
Data: Captain, need I remind you that distress calls are an important source of plots? Even good ones, on occasion?
Picard: Oh, in that case, don't turn it off. We certainly need a good plot after that Klingon death-howling episode.[/quoteost_uid0]

[quoteost_uid0]Captain's Log: Ha! Take that, CSI, NYPD Blue and Law & Order! You and your addicts-of-the-week! We have an entire civilization addicted to drugs! Beat that![/quoteost_uid0]

And I was proven right! :lol:

"Masks" was really funny too.

[quoteost_uid0]Riker: Look what we found inside the comet, sir -- a giant alien archive in the shape of a giant horse.[/quoteost_uid0]

[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 03-31-2003, 04:32 PM
Hello, John

Send a message via Yahoo to FatMatDuhRat

[color=#000000ost_uid0][bost_uid0]La Forge:[/bost_uid0] Snakes! Why did it have to be snakes?
:lol: :lol:
[bost_uid0]BRILLIANT![/bost_uid0][/colorost_uid0]
Do you think neural clones go to heaven? --John Crichton, Incubator (EP#3-11)
Old 03-31-2003, 05:15 PM
Gatekeeper
Exosite Head

Send a message via ICQ to Nan Send a message via Yahoo to Nan

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0][bost_uid0]Picard[/bost_uid0]: Who are you?
[bost_uid0]Data/Ihat[/bost_uid0]: I am Ihat, and I need to hide from the wrath of Masaka.
[bost_uid0]Picard[/bost_uid0]: And who is she? Khan's sister?
[bost_uid0]Data/Ihat[/bost_uid0]: Nah -- we're talking [iost_uid0]heavy-duty[/iost_uid0] wrath here.[/quoteost_uid0]

*snarf*

Hoo boy, rather liked 'em. Good work, guys!

Nan[/colorost_uid0]

Old 03-31-2003, 07:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Wonko The Sane Send a message via AIM to Wonko The Sane Send a message via MSN to Wonko The Sane

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Great debut Nic! I'm looking forward to more fivers from you!

And as always, great job Sax!

This is gonna keep me laughin' for a while...and has inspired me to start writing my first fiver...5MV "Message in a Bottle".

I'll have it done "soon"
[/colorost_uid0]

Bears are crazy, they\'ll bite your head off if you\'re wearing steak on it.
Old 03-31-2003, 07:47 PM
Three people, apparently

Send a message via MSN to Kristina Send a message via Yahoo to Kristina

[color=#000000ost_uid0]In order not to sound redundant: I second Wonko's opinion, to simply quote the most recent. Nice going, both! --and as for my reaction to both fivers: :lol:[/colorost_uid0]

Old 03-31-2003, 07:47 PM
Factorial

Send a message via AIM to NeoMatrix Send a message via MSN to NeoMatrix Send a message via Yahoo to NeoMatrix

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Awesome Fivers. I have been looking forward to seeing a fiver for "Masks" for awhile now. It is one weird episode.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-31-2003, 07:53 PM
Three people, apparently

Send a message via MSN to Kristina Send a message via Yahoo to Kristina

[color=#000000ost_uid0]...but it's an episode that does show some of the versatility of Brent Spiner. And weird or not, that makes it interesting to me.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-31-2003, 09:24 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Plus Placard..[iost_uid0]Picard[/iost_uid0], sorry, gets to do some of that archelogical stuff that he likes so much.

Good stuff, guys.[/colorost_uid0]
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 03-31-2003, 10:21 PM
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[quoteost_uid0="Wonko The Sane"][color=#000000ost_uid0]This is gonna keep me laughin' for a while...and has inspired me to start writing my first fiver...5MV "Message in a Bottle".[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Uhh, you might want to check before starting that. Unless I'm mistaken, "Message in a Bottle" is one of the episodes with Zeke's name carved on it in stone.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-31-2003, 10:29 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Wonko The Sane Send a message via AIM to Wonko The Sane Send a message via MSN to Wonko The Sane

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Kira"]Uhh, you might want to check before starting that. Unless I'm mistaken, "Message in a Bottle" is one of the episodes with Zeke's name carved on it in stone.[/quoteost_uid0]
Hmm...in which case maybe I'll stop.

I've always been wondering why that episode has never been fived, since it's a huge fan favorite.

Oh well. :eyeroll:

EDIT: On second thought, it could always be made into a fiver by committee. Just a thought.[/colorost_uid0]

Old 03-31-2003, 10:43 PM
Former Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I'm pretty sure it's one of Zeke's personal favorites, so I seriously doubt that will happen. :bigsmile:[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-31-2003, 10:56 PM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]:::Sigh:::

Guess I should stop watching my tape of that episode now (on about the 3rd time through...taking notes).

I havn't met a trek fan that DOESN'T like "Message in a Bottle", which is why I was so shocked to find out that it wasn't already fived. I've actually been playing around with the idea of fiving it for months now, good thing I never started it.

Thanks for the warning, Kira![/colorost_uid0]

Old 04-01-2003, 12:50 AM
Specifically, an altamato

Send a message via AIM to Saxamaphone Send a message via MSN to Saxamaphone Send a message via Yahoo to Saxamaphone

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Nic - that was hilarious :smile:, excellent job and a magnifacant debut

Wonko - "Message in a Bottle" is one of my fav. episodes man I mean, how can you beat that multi-vector attack mode? Plus Andy Dick as an EMH? I don't know how :bigsmile:

And thanks for the kind words everyone [/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-01-2003, 01:16 AM

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Saxamaphone"]I mean, how can you beat that multi-vector attack mode?[/quoteost_uid0]
Oh, I had some good plans for that one!

I'm sure Zeke's got some better jokes up his sleeve though, so I'll wait for his version.

[/colorost_uid0]

Old 04-01-2003, 01:23 AM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]I havn't met a trek fan that DOESN'T like "Message in a Bottle", [/quoteost_uid0]

I have no idea what you're talking about.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-01-2003, 01:32 AM

[quoteost_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]I havn't met a trek fan that DOESN'T like "Message in a Bottle", [/quoteost_uid0]

I have no idea what you're talking about.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]I was just saying that everybody I've talked to seems to love that episode.[/colorost_uid0]

Old 04-01-2003, 01:54 AM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I highly suspect there will be another update tomorrow. Why, no reason...

On another note entirly, just out of curiousity, is "The Arsenal of Freedom" taken?[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-01-2003, 02:03 AM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]I was just saying that everybody I've talked to seems to love that episode.[/quoteost_uid0]

No, I mean that I have no idea what the episode is about, or what series it's from.[/colorost_uid0]