The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Science Fiction

Old 03-23-2003, 12:05 AM
Last of the ko fighters

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Hi, I'm new on the forum, but I've been reading a lot of fivers. I especially like the Enterprise-ones.

Anyway, can I make the stigma-fiver? I have some good ideas for this one. I'll try to make it in the same style as the other Enterprise-fivers by Zeke, because those are really funny.

Here's what I have so far, any suggestions? I'm new at this.
--
[bost_uid0]Phlox:[/bost_uid0] Your neurolitic enzymes are considerably higher than last month.
[bost_uid0]T’Pol:[/bost_uid0] The medicine is no longer effective?
[bost_uid0]Phlox:[/bost_uid0] Actually, we ran out of medicine a month ago. I’ve been giving you placebo’s ever since.
[bost_uid0]T’Pol:[/bost_uid0] No matter, I’ve stopped expecting logic from you the moment I saw your face.

[iost_uid0]Captain’s star log supplemental: We’ve entered orbit of Decendi 3. We’re here to pick up a new toy for Commander Tucker, and we’ll also be picking up a neutron microscope.[/iost_uid0]

[bost_uid0]Phlox:[/bost_uid0] Captain Archer, I’d like you to meet my second wife, Pheesel. And this is Commander Tucker.
[bost_uid0]Pheesel:[/bost_uid0] Hubba hubba!
[bost_uid0]Phlox:[/bost_uid0] Are you that glad to see me, dear?
[bost_uid0]Pheesel:[/bost_uid0] Eh.. yeah.

[bost_uid0]Vulcan doctor:[/bost_uid0] It’s quite odd a Denobulan doctor would be interested in a Vulcan disease. But then, I always thought Denobulans were odd.
[bost_uid0]Phlox:[/bost_uid0] I’ll forget about that insult if you give me all available data on the syndrome.
[bost_uid0]Vulcan doctor:[/bost_uid0] We’ll give you nothing. It would be illogical.
[bost_uid0]Phlox:[/bost_uid0] Pretty please? Just a tiny little bit of information?
[bost_uid0]Vulcan doctor:[/bost_uid0] Denobulans...

[bost_uid0]Tucker:[/bost_uid0] I’m really good at following instructions, that’s why the captain wanted me for this mission. Actually, I’m good at everything. Damn I’m good! I’ve got some problems with the microscope, but otherwise, I’m perfect. And modest, you have no idea.
[bost_uid0]Pheesel:[/bost_uid0] Has anyone ever told you you get less and less attractive each time you open your mouth?
--

That's it. I've still got some ideas for the rest:

When the vulcan doctor (what's his name?) sais "We take great pride in our ability to contain emotions, sharing them is offensive." That's two emotions (pride and offense) in one vulcan sentence, gotta do something with that one. But not just plain "Hey, pride and offense are emotions, you Vulcan git! :lol:". Those aren't funny anymore. I just can't think of anything original here.

In the scene where T'Pol tells Archer she's been contacted to come to the surface alone:
[bost_uid0]Archer:[/bost_uid0] (Some lame joke that's so lame that it's funny to us. Like the "two Vulcans walk into a bar"-joke from Carbon Creek. A joke so lame T'Pol will want to leave.)
[bost_uid0]T'Pol:[/bost_uid0] By the way, captain. One of the vulcan doctors who really despise me, has asked me to meet him alone on the surface in a dark alley.
[bost_uid0]Archer:[/bost_uid0] Doesn't that sound dangerous? Or at least highly illogical?
[bost_uid0]T'Pol:[/bost_uid0] It's preferable to remaining here.

Heh, I think that's funny stuff. So, can I finish this fiver? And do you have any suggestions? I'm from Holland so I might have made some spelling/gramar-errors. Feel free to point them out.

BTW: What's 'sledgehammerness'?[/colorost_uid0]

Old 03-23-2003, 12:22 AM
Insert canine joke here

Send a message via AIM to Celeste Send a message via MSN to Celeste Send a message via Yahoo to Celeste

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Ooooo. Uhm. Zeke does all the Enterprise fivers. So no luck.[/colorost_uid0]

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Floss Naked!
Old 03-23-2003, 12:27 AM
Last of the ko fighters

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Well... that sucks. I wondered why there weren't any guest-fivers there.

But... if only Zeke does Enterprise fivers, then why make a thread about it?[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-23-2003, 12:28 AM
Specifically, an altamato

Send a message via AIM to Saxamaphone Send a message via MSN to Saxamaphone Send a message via Yahoo to Saxamaphone

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Plus, even if you want to write a five for a series Zeke doesn't have totally called, you should always check with the section head first, to see if the episode is called already.

For anymore questions, read this

S'all good though, we all learn this - I did the hard way

And by the way - welcome to the fora! The fruit basket's in the mail, hopefully.

EDIT: This thread is to discuss the actual Enterprise episode - not a future fiver. Sorry you were mislead, but there's plenty of Fiver Fun around here! If you want to get your feet wet a little - you might want to check out the Fiver By Committee Forum.[/colorost_uid0]

Old 03-23-2003, 12:29 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]^ But still funny. [/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 03-23-2003, 12:33 AM
Last of the ko fighters

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I see , well, maybe Zeke can use what I allready wrote.. or something. Too bad. But thanx for the info.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-23-2003, 12:35 AM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Hey [bost_uid0]Michiel[/bost_uid0]. Welcome to the boards.

The point of this thread (and others in the scifi forum) is to discuss the scifi episode in question. This thread, obviously, is to discuss "Stigma". Love to hear your thoughts on it.

If you'd like to contribute fiver material, try the "Fiver by Committee" section. We're trying to group-five "The Matrix". It'd be great to have a fresh perspective on the current scene.

If you'd like to do your own fiver, read the FAQs which [bost_uid0]saxamaphone[/bost_uid0] pointed out.

EDIT: I just noted sax completel defeated the point of me posting by editing his post. Sigh.[/colorost_uid0]

Old 03-23-2003, 12:39 AM
Last of the ko fighters

[color=#000000ost_uid0]You know, it's just that I really liked this episode and immediataly came up with some funny fiver-stuff. When I saw there wasn't a fiver on it yet I just thought I'd post it in the only 'Stigma'-thread I could find with search. I guess I didn't bother to search for info on submitting fivers first. I appologize.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-23-2003, 12:50 AM
Specifically, an altamato

Send a message via AIM to Saxamaphone Send a message via MSN to Saxamaphone Send a message via Yahoo to Saxamaphone

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Oops, sorry [bost_uid0]Derek.[/bost_uid0] One of us must be psychic man

If it's any consolation, I think your post was much more eloquently worded

And [bost_uid0]Michiel[/bost_uid0], don't be sorry man. You can always make the jokes work in other fivers if they're really good. And submit your ideas to Zeke anyway. They might not be published, but he can give you a few pointers and direction in your writing.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-23-2003, 12:55 AM
Last of the ko fighters

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I assume Zeke reads this forum. I'll just wait for his reply.

Anyway, thanx for the warm welcome. I'm going offline now.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-23-2003, 02:10 AM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[quoteost_uid0="Saxamaphone"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Oops, sorry [bost_uid0]Derek.[/bost_uid0] One of us must be psychic man [/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Or psycho.

Don't worry about it, Sax. We were all trying to help at the same time. I think our posts reflected that.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-23-2003, 04:01 AM
Insert canine joke here

Send a message via AIM to Celeste Send a message via MSN to Celeste Send a message via Yahoo to Celeste

[color=#000000ost_uid0]What's wrong with being psycho? [/colorost_uid0]

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Floss Naked!
Old 03-24-2003, 11:03 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0]It's not that I don't understand. With the disgraceful way I've let myself fall behind on [iost_uid0]Enterprise[/iost_uid0] fivers -- to say nothing of [iost_uid0]Andromeda[/iost_uid0] and VVS9, which I've already blown -- it's no surprise at all that some readers want to try it themselves. So while I can't claim I'm not a little annoyed (as I always am when guest writers miss the FAQ), I have no business making much of an objection.

That said, I do have very good reasons for not wanting [iost_uid0]Enterprise[/iost_uid0] guest fivers, here or anywhere else. The most important is the same reason TV producers don't allow "story ideas" to be posted in a show's official forum; the current thread is a perfect example of that reason. See, Five-Minute "Stigma" is more than half written already (Kira can vouch for that), but what would have happened if Michiel had come up with one of the same jokes and posted it here? Suddenly I have to take mine out or be guilty of unoriginality -- even though I thought of it first.

Sorry your first post here turned out to be a problem. For the record, that's the exception, not the rule. I hope you'll enjoy your stay. And I do appreciate the enthusiasm; it just had unfortunate results this time.[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 03-25-2003, 06:07 AM
Last of the ko fighters

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I see. Well, if you want to use any of it, feel free to do so without feeling guilty of unoriginality.

When will some new enterprise fivers be finished anyway? I don't want to rush you or anything. Just curious. Your Enterprise fivers rule![/colorost_uid0]

Old 03-25-2003, 12:50 PM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[quoteost_uid0="Michiel"][color=#000000ost_uid0]When will some new enterprise fivers be finished anyway?[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Wow. You're just breaking all the rules, aren't you?

They will be published soon. If you'd like to know how long "soon" is see 5MV: Abbreviations, it's at the very bottom.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-25-2003, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[quoteost_uid0="Michiel"][color=#000000ost_uid0]I see. Well, if you want to use any of it, feel free to do so without feeling guilty of unoriginality. [/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Well, the point wasn't that I would need to ask you for permission, it's that I simply couldn't do it. You and I would know it was just a coincidence, but it would be easy for someone else to get the wrong impression -- or, if you were a dishonest type, for you to wait till I'd published my fiver and then tell people I ripped you off. But it's a moot point because nothing in your fiver was in mine.

[quoteost_uid0]When will some new enterprise fivers be finished anyway? I don't want to rush you or anything.[/quoteost_uid0]

Yeah, everybody [iost_uid0]says[/iost_uid0] that. The situation is that "Minefield" and "Stigma" are almost finished, "Dead Stop" and "Dawn" are started, and I have lots of ideas for others that I just haven't put down yet. "Minefield" will be the next one published.[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
Old 03-25-2003, 08:08 PM
Last of the ko fighters

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Ok, thanx for the info. Looking forward to it.

Maybe I'll ask to write some other fiver later. Probably TNG or Voyager (no problem with that?) Right now, I'm too busy with exams anyway.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-25-2003, 08:21 PM
Administrator

[quoteost_uid0="Michiel"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Maybe I'll ask to write some other fiver later. Probably TNG or Voyager (no problem with that?)[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]This just isn't your thread, is it? [iost_uid0]Voyager[/iost_uid0] is unfortunately fully accounted for now... all the episodes are either done or claimed. There's still plenty of Next Gen, however; the guy to talk to about that is Marc Richard.

(If you haven't read the site FAQs yet, please do. They clarify a lot.)[/colorost_uid0]

Old 03-25-2003, 08:34 PM
Last of the ko fighters

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I read them. But I didn't find anything about Voyager being fully accounted for. TNG it is then.[/colorost_uid0]