The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2004, 10:30 PM
Doctoral candidate
Staff

Send a message via AIM to Scooter

[quoteost_uid0="Nic Corelli"][color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Top Ten Actors Who Die On Star Trek And Then Come Back As Another Character. [/quoteost_uid0]

This is too strange. Sa`ar, you killed the Top 10 thread! Make another suggestion, now! [/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Hilarious. I was thinking about this impossible topic and I actually came up with an angle to do it with, only y'all finally moved on and [iost_uid0]now you'll never know![/iost_uid0] BWHAHAHAHA! [/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-09-2004, 10:59 PM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Why, you can still do it! Nic'll send you cookies. [/colorost_uid0]

I'm not the devil, I just work for her.

What spoon? There is no spoon. According to Zeke, it's a cat. ~NeoMatrix

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Sa'ar Chasm: Too far south you hit Belgium.
catalina marina: Not in Limburg you don't.
Sa'ar Chasm: You do if you go south in the right way.
Old 04-10-2004, 06:10 AM
Doctoral candidate
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Top Ten Actors Who Died On Star Trek And Then Came Back As Another Character

[iost_uid0]EDITOR’S NOTE: 5MV spies nestled deep inside Paramount have discovered that the next new Star Trek series is already in development to replace [uost_uid0]Enterprise[/uost_uid0], as soon as viewers get fed up with it and/or [uost_uid0]Enterprise[/uost_uid0] limps its way through to a pointless seventh season, whichever comes first. The show’s working title is [uost_uid0]Star Trek: The Umpteenth Iteration[/uost_uid0] and will initially feature the crew of the [uost_uid0]U.S.S. Enterprise-AA[/uost_uid0] (“initially” because the ship will be blown up and replaced with the next model twice a year, during the network sweeps period) as they cruise through a galaxy that has been completely assimilated by the original Borg but then reconquered by the Klingon-Borg, who are locked in a deadly war with the Changeling-Borg allied with the Xindi-Borg, but are further troubled by a rebellion among the Ewok-Borg of Endor. Our heroes, the only surviving non-Borgified humanoids, fight a pointless battle to retain their anachronistic humanity against insuperable odds.[/iost_uid0]

[iost_uid0]While the project is extremely hush-hush, our spies at Paramount, cleverly employing the happy-go-lucky trained ferrets from [uost_uid0]Beastmaster[/uost_uid0] (no, the movie version—Marc Singer owed us a favor), were able to smuggle out the following fascinating character outlines along with the provocative preliminary casting. Amazingly enough, thanks to an anti-Berman/Braga coup resulting from the vicious internal politicking at the Star Trek division of Paramount, the [uost_uid0]Enterprise-AA[/uost_uid0] is crewed entirely by actors who were killed off by the original Star Trek powers-that-be. How about that?[/iost_uid0]

[bost_uid0]10. William Windom[/bost_uid0] (Decker) – It turns out that Decker’s “engrams” were extracted prior to the events in “The Doomsday Machine,” and preserved in freezer at the Grand Central Terminal Starbucks location until well into the 28th century, when they were accidentally installed in a robot that looks just like him. Robo-Decker is still crazy, though, and has to be relieved of command every week, but in a different way. In the pilot episode, Decker takes command only to have the ship’s resident monkey pee into his “negatronic brain,” resulting in the cyborg Commodore’s hilarious inability to avoid propositioning all the female crewmen in broken Klingon.

[bost_uid0]9. Neal McDonough[/bost_uid0] (Hawk) – Cast as the ship’s first ally, the King of Planet X-Pendable, where everybody wears crimson tunics. During the first five minutes of the pilot episode, the planet suffers a sudden gratuitous total existence failure and explodes. (Apologies to Douglas Adams.)

[bost_uid0]8. Terry Ferrell[/bost_uid0] (Jadzia) – Cast as the uptight holographic bartender, Ditz. Spends most of her time complaining and making coffee for the cybernetic version of Commodore Decker, whose name she continually mispronounces. When in a special episode the timelines are crossed and everybody grows a second head, she’s the only one who realizes something’s changed. Too bad she doesn’t care.

[bost_uid0]7. Denise Crosby[/bost_uid0] (Tasha) – Plays the ship’s Medical Officer, Dr. Rhea Animator. Her tag line: “He’s dead, Captain—but not for long!”

[bost_uid0]6. Persis Khambatta[/bost_uid0] (Ilia) – Cast as the ship’s Deltan “physical therapist,” Ilaya. She specializes in “body work” and “massage.” Rumored to have a notorious mother (Majel Roddenberry), who might be encountered during sweeps.

[bost_uid0]5. William Shatner[/bost_uid0] (Kirk) – Plays the voice of the ship’s computer. The constant delays between words and sentences are explained by the fact that the ship’s computer’s hard drive is heavily fragmented. Shatner is replaced by Robert Picardo after Engineering is finally able to run Norton Utilities, but the result is so annoying that the Shatner version is restored from backups.

[bost_uid0]4. Suzie Plakson[/bost_uid0] (K'Ehleyr) – Plays the ship’s first commander, the glamorous Captain Java Janeway—the descendant of the famous admiral and her eventual life partner, Alexander Rozhenko. Though dashing and valorous, she is forced to resign thanks to the countless temporal anomalies that spontaneously occur around her wherever she goes. (Eventually she parlays this into a very successful theme park, Java Janeway’s Temporal Fun Directive and Water World.)

[bost_uid0]3. Ricardo Montalban[/bost_uid0] (Khan) – Plays the gnarled, veteran, and forgetful old Chief Engineer, Commander Ken Noodleman Singer. Tag line: “I don’t know you, but you—who are you again?” Is constantly annoyed that people think he invents robots.

[bost_uid0]2. Leonard Nimoy[/bost_uid0] (Spock) & [bost_uid0]Brent Spiner[/bost_uid0] (Data) – Because of their special status as “killed off yet magically retained within the franchise in slight variations on their original characters,” these actors were not allowed roles on [iost_uid0]The Enterprise-AA.[/iost_uid0] Instead, they are required to play Orion slave women, who are recurring characters in Robo-Decker’s favorite holodeck program. Spiner proves to have a knack for the role, and Nimoy is eventually phased out, but not before he writes a book titled [iost_uid0]I Am Not an Orion Slave Girl[/iost_uid0] (worldwide sales: $1.6 million).

And the Number One Actor Who Died On Star Trek And Then Came Back As Another Character:

[bost_uid0]1. Merritt Butrick[/bost_uid0] (David Marcus) – Cast as the successor to Captain Java Janeway, the dashing young Captain John Gax. Dies every week, but is always successfully revived for each new episode by the chief medical officer. Tag line: “Uh oh.”

Now we can move on with a clear conscience, knowing that no Top Ten Topic was ever left to languish and die, unloved and unfulfilled. Truly, a moment to rejoice and be glad. Â [/colorost_uid0]

Old 04-10-2004, 07:33 PM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]7. Denise Crosby (Tasha) – Plays the ship’s Medical Officer, Dr. Rhea Animator. Her tag line: “He’s dead, Captain—but not for long!”[/quoteost_uid0]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA![/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-10-2004, 08:20 PM
Doctoral candidate
Staff

[quoteost_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]7. Denise Crosby (Tasha) – Plays the ship’s Medical Officer, Dr. Rhea Animator. Her tag line: “He’s dead, Captain—but not for long!”[/quoteost_uid0]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA![/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Have to admit this was inspired by the [iost_uid0]Lois and Clark[/iost_uid0] cheeser. I just thought it was brilliant casting to have Denise Crosby, of all people, trying to bring Lex Luthor back from the dead![/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-10-2004, 08:30 PM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Have to admit this was inspired by the Lois and Clark cheeser.[/quoteost_uid0]

I figured as much, but it's still funny.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-10-2004, 10:14 PM
Factorial

Send a message via AIM to NeoMatrix Send a message via MSN to NeoMatrix Send a message via Yahoo to NeoMatrix

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][quoteost_uid0]7. Denise Crosby (Tasha) – Plays the ship’s Medical Officer, Dr. Rhea Animator. Her tag line: “He’s dead, Captain—but not for long!”[/quoteost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
Is that because John is aboard the ship? lol

Edit: This was my 3000th post! Yay![/colorost_uid0]

Old 04-11-2004, 09:15 AM
Wigging out

Send a message via ICQ to Nic Corelli

[quoteost_uid0="Scooter"][color=#000000ost_uid0]the Ewok-Borg of Endor.

[bost_uid0]9. Neal McDonough[/bost_uid0] (Hawk) – Cast as the ship’s first ally, the King of Planet X-Pendable, where everybody wears crimson tunics. During the first five minutes of the pilot episode, the planet suffers a sudden gratuitous total existence failure and explodes. (Apologies to Douglas Adams.)

[bost_uid0]8. Terry Ferrell[/bost_uid0] (Jadzia) – Cast as the uptight holographic bartender, Ditz. Spends most of her time complaining and making coffee for the cybernetic version of Commodore Decker, whose name she continually mispronounces. When in a special episode the timelines are crossed and everybody grows a second head, she’s the only one who realizes something’s changed. Too bad she doesn’t care.

[bost_uid0]4. Suzie Plakson[/bost_uid0] (K'Ehleyr) – Plays the ship’s first commander, the glamorous Captain Java Janeway—the descendant of the famous admiral and her eventual life partner, Alexander Rozhenko. Though dashing and valorous, she is forced to resign thanks to the countless temporal anomalies that spontaneously occur around her wherever she goes. (Eventually she parlays this into a very successful theme park, Java Janeway’s Temporal Fun Directive and Water World.)

[bost_uid0]2. Leonard Nimoy[/bost_uid0] (Spock) & [bost_uid0]Brent Spiner[/bost_uid0] (Data) – Because of their special status as “killed off yet magically retained within the franchise in slight variations on their original characters,” these actors were not allowed roles on [iost_uid0]The Enterprise-AA.[/iost_uid0] Instead, they are required to play Orion slave women, who are recurring characters in Robo-Decker’s favorite holodeck program. Spiner proves to have a knack for the role, and Nimoy is eventually phased out, but not before he writes a book titled [iost_uid0]I Am Not an Orion Slave Girl[/iost_uid0] (worldwide sales: $1.6 million).

[bost_uid0]1. Merritt Butrick[/bost_uid0] (David Marcus) – Cast as the successor to Captain Java Janeway, the dashing young Captain John Gax. Dies every week, but is always successfully revived for each new episode by the chief medical officer. Tag line: “Uh oh.”[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]I second Sa`ar`s BWAHAHAHAHAHA, and add my own MUAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Scooter, what are you on? I want some of that too! [/colorost_uid0]

~A Game of Thrones, book one of Song of Ice and Fire
Old 04-11-2004, 09:35 AM
Wigging out

[color=#000000ost_uid0][imgost_uid0]http://www.kras.hr/aslike/brandovi/ms6.jpg[/imgost_uid0]

For Scooter, of course, and for Neo, for his 3000th post. Cookies and pie for everyone! Felicitations and jollyfications! Â :lol: Â

AHem - Top 10 Wacky TOS/Voyager Crossover Episodes/Fights/Slashes[/colorost_uid0]

Old 04-12-2004, 12:38 AM
Calvinist

Send a message via AIM to Opium Send a message via MSN to Opium Send a message via Yahoo to Opium

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Top 10 Wacky TOS/Voyager Crossover Episodes/Fights/Slashes

In some very special episodes where Voyager and Kirk's Enterprise meet because of wormhole anomolies...
10. Chakotay and Chekov battle it out in the WWE holodeck program to see who embraces more stereotypes. It's a draw.
9. The Doctor falls in love with the Enterprise computer. Hilarity ensues.
8. Tuvok/Spock. 'Nough said.
7. Scotty is offended that Torres is an engineer; after all, what do Klingon's know. Then Torres explains to Scotty that all the blinking lights in the Enterprise are due to a faulty bulb.
6. Somehow, in a one-hour eppy, the crew of Enterprise and Voyager encounter 22 new species, spreading Federation rhetoric and joy to all.
5. Torres explains that in during Kirk's era, the Klingons had received "Extreme Makeover" and that's why they lacked bumps on their heads.
4. Kirk is amazed that Janeway has not had any romances; he immediatly woos her.
3. Sulu to Kim: "I am your father".
2. Kes and 7 of 9 dont have anything to do, so they take over the Federationand free women from the stupid mini-skirts...and introduce catsuits.
1. Paris realizes that Star Trek was a TV show in the 1960's. He then wakes up to find himself in a mental instituion with Sisko and Buffy.

Top Ten Next Gen/DS9 Crossover Episodes/Fights/Slashes[/colorost_uid0]
Please vote Morphine! (Thanks, Zeke!)
Needing more sleep since before 2003
Old 04-12-2004, 02:56 AM
Wigging out

[quoteost_uid0="Opium"][color=#000000ost_uid0]7. Scotty is offended that Torres is an engineer; after all, what do Klingon's know. Then Torres explains to Scotty that all the blinking lights in the Enterprise are due to a faulty bulb.

4. Kirk is amazed that Janeway has not had any romances; he immediatly woos her.

2. Kes and 7 of 9 dont have anything to do, so they take over the Federationand free women from the stupid mini-skirts...and introduce catsuits.

1. Paris realizes that Star Trek was a TV show in the 1960's. He then wakes up to find himself in a mental instituion with Sisko and Buffy.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Hee hee hee... Fantastic list, Opium! (miraculously we didn`t double-post!)[/colorost_uid0]

Old 04-12-2004, 03:25 AM
Is he ever gonna hit Krazy Kat, or what?

[quoteost_uid0="Opium"][color=#000000ost_uid0]5. Torres explains that in during Kirk's era, the Klingons had received "Extreme Makeover" and that's why they lacked bumps on their heads.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]I still maintain that that was due to a catastrophic failure of the Klingon Painstick ™ industry. For 50 years, they were forced to make do with heated flatirons.[/colorost_uid0]

'Yes, but I think some people should be offended.'
-- John Cleese (on whether he thought some might be offended by Monty Python)
Old 04-12-2004, 10:50 PM
Doctoral candidate
Staff

[quoteost_uid0="mudshark"][color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Opium"]5. Torres explains that in during Kirk's era, the Klingons had received "Extreme Makeover" and that's why they lacked bumps on their heads.[/quoteost_uid0]
I still maintain that that was due to a catastrophic failure of the Klingon Painstick ™ industry. For 50 years, they were forced to make do with heated flatirons.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]No wonder they don't discuss it with outsiders. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-13-2004, 04:24 AM
Calvinist

Send a message via AIM to Opium Send a message via MSN to Opium Send a message via Yahoo to Opium

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I know! A lack of double posts lately...it's scary! [/colorost_uid0]
Please vote Morphine! (Thanks, Zeke!)
Needing more sleep since before 2003
Old 04-14-2004, 12:17 PM
Wigging out

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Top Ten Next Gen/DS9 Crossover Episodes/Fights/Slashes [/quoteost_uid0]

Hmm... we already had DS9, in the ENT/DS9 Crossovers...

How about Top Ten Next Gen/Star Wars Wacky Crossover Episodes/Fights/Slashes?

EVERYONE! GET BACK HERE FROM YOUR LJs AND SCHOOL ASSIGNMENTS AND START WRITING TOP TEN LISTS AGAIN! [/colorost_uid0]

Old 04-14-2004, 01:16 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Oh, all right, all right...just don't blame me if I can't entirely get my mind off that stuff...

Top Ten Next Gen/Star Wars Wacky Crossover Episodes/Fights/Slashes

10. You've Got Comments: Beverly Crusher is struggling to keep her small sci-fi series afloat under the pressure of the new huge-budget series in town while falling in love with a guy she met via LJs. This guy turns out to be none other than Han Solo himself.

9. Mirror Plot, Mirror Plot: In an Undesirable Plot Crossover, the Enterprise-D must survive an attack by a certain hyperspace bowling ball of death while the Falcon is infested by weird alien parasites that look like onions. Knowing that Starfleet is much better at the whole science thing, Solo calls on his old buddy Picard, only to discover that Picard needs his help too...

8. "I Don't WANT to Know About Wuxilian III Customs!": Picard and C-3PO get stuck in a turbolift together. The master diplomat lasts only half the episode before telling the droid to "shut up". Fireworks follow.[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 04-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Or is it KJHTMMM now?

Send a message via MSN to Katy Jane Send a message via Yahoo to Katy Jane

[quoteost_uid0="NAHTMMM"][color=#000000ost_uid0]10. You've Got Comments: Beverly Crusher is struggling to keep her small sci-fi series afloat under the pressure of the new huge-budget series in town while falling in love with a guy she met via LJs. This guy turns out to be none other than Han Solo himself.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]LMAO! :lol:[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-14-2004, 04:56 PM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Top Ten Rules of Fiving (by Sa'ar and Nic)

10: Never write a fiver of a series you never watch just because you`re bored and you want to write a fiver
9: Everything's funnier with monkeys.
8: If it worked once, it can work again (originally: nothing beats a good running gag).
7: When all else fails, throw in some Monty Python (or Star Wars).
6: It's not stealing, it's a reference.
5: Imitation is the sincerest form of sucking up.
4: When desperate, throw in pie
3: When utterly desperate - chili
2: When at the verge of clinical depression - geography porn

And the Number One Rule of Fiving:

1: It never hurts to make gratuitous reference to the fora.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-14-2004, 05:27 PM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[quoteost_uid0="Nic Corelli"][color=#000000ost_uid0]EVERYONE! GET BACK HERE FROM YOUR LJs AND SCHOOL ASSIGNMENTS AND START WRITING TOP TEN LISTS AGAIN! [/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Tomorrow... :eyeroll:[/colorost_uid0]

I'm not the devil, I just work for her.

What spoon? There is no spoon. According to Zeke, it's a cat. ~NeoMatrix

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Sa'ar Chasm: Too far south you hit Belgium.
catalina marina: Not in Limburg you don't.
Sa'ar Chasm: You do if you go south in the right way.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:16 PM
Wigging out

[quoteost_uid0="NAHTMMM"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Top Ten Next Gen/Star Wars Wacky Crossover Episodes/Fights/Slashes[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]7. Troi is seduced by the Emperor and crosses to the Dark Side. She spies on Worf in the shower, eats Picard`s fish and sabotages Data`s toaster, causing quite an uncomfortable bedroom incident. The episode ends with her and Picard in a lightsaber fight in space, on Enterprise`s hull. She wins.

6. Geordi is proclaimed to be the last Jedi Knight; all of Galaxy depends on him for salvation and freedom. Upon learning this, the Galaxy surrenders to the Empire, saving much time.

5. Darth Vader pretends to be a member of a benevolent alien species and is sent on Enterprise to act as First Officer in the Officers Exchange Program. Hilarity ensues.

4. Looking for a Counselor who won`t state the obvious all the time, Picard hires R2D2. They become good friends and have lunch & Earl Grey every day in the Ready Room. As they grow closer, and as other senior staff begins to grow on Picard`s nerves, he beams them all down on the Breen homeworld in bathing suits, placing R2 as the Acting First Officer, Security Chief, Helmsman, Chief Engineer and Ship`s Doctor. The two of them sit together on the Bridge and have lots of fun and insightful philosophical talks while cruising the galaxy for sultry French chicks and oil.

(do join in the fun... the more the merrier) [/colorost_uid0]