PDA

View Full Version : The Monkey's Paw Game

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

mark726
04-05-2006, 03:56 AM
You do, but then Zeke goes even more crazy and institutes a wholesale change into 5 Minute Law and Order with no sci fi to be seen.

I wish that nothing bad would happen with this wish.

Naki
04-05-2006, 04:05 AM
nothing bad does, nothing good does either so you're back to where you started

I wish I had 1 copy of every D&D book in the series

Chancellor Valium
04-08-2006, 11:04 AM
You drown in them.

I wish ascension was easier.

e of pi
04-08-2006, 06:07 PM
It is. Drink the Kool-Aid!

I wish I knew who the Guide referenced in the Prophesy is.

EDIT! Thread confusion!

Chancellor Valium
04-08-2006, 06:17 PM
You do, but it's an alternate-universe prophecy.

I wish Rom weren't here...

mark726
04-10-2006, 05:05 AM
He isn't, but then DS9's quality becomes lower then "Spock's Brain".

I wish I could write a decent fiver.

Chancellor Valium
04-10-2006, 06:35 PM
You can. You are Zeke.

I wish I was a telepath.

Lostoyannaya
04-10-2006, 07:08 PM
You are. Unfortunately, no-one EVER shuts up when they think.

~~

I wish my dog would stop lying on my bed.

~~Lostoyannaya :wink:

mark726
04-10-2006, 08:09 PM
He does, but he takes up chewing up your shoes instead.

I wish that I could focus.

Chancellor Valium
04-11-2006, 01:16 PM
Welcome to your new li- sorry, existence, as a prism!

I wish I could touch the sky.

Lostoyannaya
04-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Did you ever see "For The World Is Hollow And I Have Touched The Sky"? Kudos - you're trapped inside an asteroid with a mad computer.

~~

I wish my boss would get off my back.

Chancellor Valium
04-11-2006, 07:51 PM
He's now grabbing your knees begging you not to go.

I wish I could find out who's doing all that damn mourning.

Lostoyannaya
04-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Welcome to the afternoon! (Heh heh.... :oops: )

~~

I wish I could meet Hans Zimmer!

Chancellor Valium
04-16-2006, 09:01 PM
You can. He traps you in his Frame Of Doom.

I wish Russel T. Davies wasn't at the helm of Doctor Who.

Lostoyannaya
04-16-2006, 09:11 PM
Congrats! Brennan and Braga get the contract.

~~

I wish I could find this [ :?: :!: :arrow: :roll: ] song!!

~~Lostoyannaya

Chancellor Valium
04-16-2006, 09:18 PM
You now hate it.

I wish Philip Hinchcliffe and Robert Holmes were in charge of Doctor Who.

Naki
04-20-2006, 03:00 PM
They are unfortunatly all the writers quit and are replaced by the people who dub anime for a living

I wish my mom didn't have cancer (really though she does, for the third time T_T)

Lostoyannaya
04-24-2006, 04:56 PM
I'm not going to dispute that one.

~~

I wish I had a Saluki.

Chancellor Valium
04-29-2006, 05:23 PM
You order it, but due to a typo, you get Gagh instead.

Burt
04-29-2006, 09:07 PM
Because you broke the link...THE EARTH EXPLODES!!!

I wish I had a K-9

mark726
05-01-2006, 04:55 AM
You do, but then it just ends up peeing all over the carpet. And it can't get toilet trained.

I wish I was good at chess.

Hejira
05-01-2006, 05:18 AM
Too bad everyone's playing shotglass checkers and are too drunk to play you.

I wish I had a Wii.

Lostoyannaya
05-01-2006, 01:10 PM
You do, but unfortunately you are the only one to buy it and it's withdrawn from the market, so you have no games to play on it.

~~

I wish my Photoshop would stop playing up D:

~~Lostoyannaya :mrgreen:

mark726
05-01-2006, 02:32 PM
It does, but then the only thing you can open on it is Zeke's, er, discovered picture from a few weeks back.

I wish that it was next Saturday.

Burt
07-28-2006, 04:35 PM
The universe blows up - Never play with the timeline!

I wish we had a better healthcare system.

mark726
07-28-2006, 11:36 PM
The healthcare system gets so good that disease and injury is eliminated...until doctors start carrying around guns and disease just to give them something to do.

I wish that my computer worked properly.

Burt
07-30-2006, 10:09 PM
Bill Gates orders his crack strike unit to 'Take you out' and get your computer. No-one will have a fully working computer thankyou. Not while there's breath in his body. And money in Microsoft Patches....

I wish I had a curry right ....... Now.

Hejira
07-31-2006, 01:29 AM
Your curry is the vindaloo monster from Red Dwarf. And you have no lager to throw at it.

I wish Season 5 of RvB started right...now.

mark726
08-02-2006, 05:03 AM
It does, but the entire season consists of an exact re-run of season 4 (I'm waiting for it too!).

I wish that Star Trek XI WON'T be bad like I'm afraid it will be.

Hejira
08-02-2006, 02:41 PM
That's because Paramount Studios got burned down by vigilantes demanding the last bits of missing footage from Fritz Lang's Metropolis and, as a consequence of the fire and destruction, Star Trek XI didn't get made.

I wish my cat had opposable thumbs/claws so she could feed herself.

Burt
08-02-2006, 04:24 PM
Are you crazy?! Once the Cats can feed themselves, they won't need us! Then they'll take over everything!

I wish (and Hope) that the Wii beats the hell out of the the 360 and PS3. (Nothing against them, I just think a lot of good ideas have gone into the Wii, clever games, new ways to play. It' would be nice for Nintendo to be first for a change.)

Chancellor Valium
08-03-2006, 11:55 PM
It does.

The next few consoles are called "shit" and "rotting flesh" respectively, leading to the International Angry Mothers Association banning consoles FOREVER!

I wish someone would stop that damned Ming the Merciless.

Chancellor Valium
08-17-2006, 10:35 PM
They do. It's you, with a bullet through the chest as a result.

I wish someone would post in the three-by-one story.

Burt
02-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Everyone is too busy posting in that thread to post here, and this game shuts down!

I wish I had super powers.

AKAArzosah
02-06-2007, 11:03 PM
You gain the super power 'Limbs fall off at random' and suddenly are not so happy about being a super.

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone asked a stupid question.

Chancellor Valium
02-13-2007, 10:32 AM
You do. You're then investigated for fraud, and jailed on trumped-up charges regarding Shell, the Rio Tinto, and a lovely little piece from Schleswig-Holstein...

I wish my calls would stop ending with peoples' answerphones.

Burt
02-13-2007, 10:45 AM
They end in people answering. The new people living there. The old ones moved away and didn't tell you.

I wish I had another dog.

Chancellor Valium
02-13-2007, 11:59 AM
You do. It's psychotic and rips your throat out.

I wish people would stop moving house without telling me...

AKAArzosah
02-20-2007, 04:24 AM
All the people that annoy you most tell you exactly where they're moving to... your spare bedroom, next door, just down the road...

I wish, I wish, I wish I was a fish.

Burt
02-21-2007, 12:03 AM
And a nice bit of Cod you'll make too..... Some chips, and a bit of bread and butter...

I wish Nintendo would hurry up and release things...

AKAArzosah
02-21-2007, 09:51 AM
They release remakes of everything they ever made, only in pig latin, and decide they've reached the top of their game with this and should quit while they're ahead.

I wish Stargate Atlantis season three would hurry up and start in Australia.
(stupid channel seven)

Chancellor Valium
03-03-2007, 04:15 PM
They do. The Fanfic season 3, where the Wraith are defeated by the returning, triumphant Ancients, who have learnt the power of interdimensional and transtemporal use of the Astria Porta, and so travelled to Gallifrey in the Old Times, and exchanged the knowledge of good cookies for the Artifact For Defeating Vampire Species of Rassilon.

I wish I was ExecProd and Script Editor of Doctor Who.

Burt
03-06-2007, 02:48 AM
Holy GOD that would be a blood bath!

I wish Doctor Who Series 3 would hurry up and start quickly! And have Romana in it. And the Master. And the Rani. And 'our' Cybermen. They'd put up more of a fight with the Daleks.

Kristina
03-07-2007, 07:52 AM
Granted. However, the Daleks have somehow transformed into harmless salt and pepper shakers, removing all the fun and suspense.

I wish I had the script for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows".

Nate the Great
03-07-2007, 04:16 PM
You get it, but the director locks you into the lot forever for trespassing. (See, the key thing is I think you meant "manuscript," not "script," which implies a movie or TV show.)

I wish I had a statue of myself made out of LEGO (it occured to me right this second, but it does sound cool).

Kristina
03-08-2007, 09:32 AM
You get it - only, you turn into the LEGO statue. Moreover, the OPEC stops all oil deliveries, and for that reason, your government decides to have you recycled to fuel a '56 DeSoto.

(Yes, manuscript was what I meant, but the monkey's paw still works - J.K. Rowling could probably lock me up in The Closet under the Stairs on 4, Privet Drive until July 21 so I couldn't tell anyone.)

I wish I could meet Benjamin Franklin.

AKAArzosah
03-09-2007, 09:49 AM
You do. Unfortunately, in 2007, there's not much left of him. Sorry.

I wish everything in life was free.

Tate
03-10-2007, 08:28 AM
It is. As a result, all forms of currency become worthless, causing widespread panic, turmoil, and the collapse of every economy in the world. Execpt for the Elbonian economy, which is based on mud.

I wish I could think of a clever wish for this thread.

Nate the Great
03-10-2007, 01:56 PM
You do, but your brain is so overtaxed that it overloads, fusing your hair into one of those hairstyles that cartoon characters always sports after stepping on an exposed wire. Sooty cough optional.

I wish that the tenth "planet" and it's "moon" were really named Xena and Gabrielle.

AKAArzosah
03-12-2007, 07:54 AM
They are. Unfotunately, Gabrielle was just knocked out of it's orbit by a really large asteroid, and is on a collision course for Earth (Paris, more specifically).

I wish Firefly would get renewed for another ten seasons.

NeoMatrix
03-12-2007, 12:45 PM
It does, but they kill off all the main characters and they bring in the cast from Voyager.

I wish star trek DVD sets weren't so expensive

Nate the Great
03-12-2007, 05:34 PM
The sets are reduced to ten bucks apiece, but are bought by the underground DVD black market and resold to the public at twice the amount they used to be.

I wish that someone would invent Dave Barry's Morning Time Machine. As originally designed, you would enter a chamber every morning at seven o'clock and spend a few hours stretching, burping, yawning, and so on, and when you come out again it'd still be seven o'clock and you'd be bright-eyed and ready for the day.

AKAArzosah
03-13-2007, 03:39 AM
The device is invented, but due to everyone's new found spare time, fivers of any show become unnecessary, and fiveminute.net becomes obsolete. (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!)

It does, but they kill off all the main characters and they bring in the cast from Voyager.

I'm trying to figure out if that's such a bad thing...

I wish Jack had never left Stargate.

Chancellor Valium
03-24-2007, 11:41 PM
He didn't - Daniel, Carter and Teal'c are now Goa'uld, though.

Nate the Great
03-25-2007, 12:39 AM
I wish that Chancellor Valium hadn't written his wish in invisible cyberink, thus making me write my first sentence in invisible cyberink also.

Chancellor Valium
03-25-2007, 08:09 PM
I didn't - now you know exactly what I think of you :p

I wish Inf/Imp hadn't mentioned that.

Nate the Great
03-25-2007, 09:34 PM
I didn't, but the temporal paradox wipes out all of space-time as we know it and is replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

I wish people would start to refer to me ONLY by the one of the LONG list of acceptable shortenings of my webalias.

AKAArzosah
03-26-2007, 03:44 AM
They would, but unfortunately that sentence made their brains explode.

.yad eno rof sdrawkcab klat dluow enoyreve hsiw I

Chancellor Valium
03-28-2007, 07:53 PM
They do. The Vorlons think they're Shadows, 'tho, and destroy the planet.

I wish they'd done DS9 seasons 8-10...

Nate the Great
04-04-2007, 07:05 PM
They do, but then everyone leaves when they realize that Paramount stopped paying them three years ago. :)

I wish we had more people in the forums.

AKAArzosah
04-05-2007, 12:55 PM
The 'people' turn out to be spambots - many, many spambots. But on the upside, we all get ~&^cHEaP_meDZ%^7 and gain new teenage friends called 'emilyhotgurl' in Romania.

I wish we could travel the Universe with ease in the here and now.

Hejira
04-05-2007, 01:28 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Ease? Okay, okay. Too late, wish granted. Still takes three hours to get to work.

I wish Ace Attorney 3 was translated into English right now and released right now and I could play it right now and nothing like the cartridge breaking my DS, or the DS breaking the cartridge or any sort of breakination happens. Oh, and I still understand English, and my body and brain fall under the 'no breakination' umbrella, so...

AKAArzosah
04-23-2007, 04:36 AM
Ace Attorney 3 (whatever that is...) IS miraculously translated into English for your enjoyment! Unfortunately, by the same people who translated the back of my Voyager DVDs (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1379). Congratulations on buying 'Deuce Lawyers Tunafish'.

I wish I hadn't had that extra-spicy lentil curry for lunch.

Chancellor Valium
04-23-2007, 07:43 PM
You didn't. You had the rotten sweet and sour pork balls. Now you've got the worst salmonella this side of Ursa Minor.

I wish I could stop making references to Ursa Minor.

Nate the Great
04-23-2007, 08:25 PM
You do, but only to substitute references to Ursa Major.

I wish that all mass marketing methods would be erased from the entire universe, and that the employees were marched across the hall to customer service, like Dave Barry has proposed.

Chancellor Valium
04-24-2007, 06:46 PM
They are. Now Customer Service is even more of a joke.

I wish I was the very model of a modern major-general.

AKAArzosah
04-26-2007, 10:11 AM
Suddenly, you are. A wax model that is. Enjoy Global Warming!

I wish Dark Chocolate was non-fattening, yet still tasted the same.

Chancellor Valium
06-01-2007, 04:00 PM
It does. It also still causes the same sick feeling after eating too much...

I wish I could be bothered.

Burt
08-04-2007, 12:19 PM
I've got a song that could get on your nerves, get on your nerves, get on your nerves.... I've got a song that could get on your nerves...get get get on your nerves....

I've got a song that could get on your nerves, get on your nerves, get on your nerves.... I've got a song that could get on your nerves...get get get on your nerves....

That bother you?

I wish tomorrow was today.

Nate the Great
08-04-2007, 08:02 PM
It is, but you broke the time machine so that today will happen tommorrow for the rest of eternity.

I wish that I had broadband.

Chancellor Valium
08-04-2007, 09:49 PM
You do. Broad-band TV, that is! Welcome to 2.56 lines!

I wish Garrett Wang could act.

NAHTMMM
08-04-2007, 11:33 PM
He could act! However, he could act so well that he could demand such a high salary that Voyager was cancelled after just eight episodes due to lack of funds, leaving Zeke with insufficient motivation to create 5MV!

I wish I could act intelligently once in a while.

Nate the Great
08-05-2007, 01:57 AM
You can, but always about absolutely inconsequential things.

I wish Sonic was in Smash Brothers Brawl.

Chancellor Valium
08-05-2007, 10:47 AM
He was. All the other characters found him annoying, though, and quit.

I wish I could think of a good joke more often.

Burt
08-05-2007, 10:59 AM
You do, and no-one takes you seriously ever again. They can't even look at you without laughing.

I wish the next bunch of good Wii games (Mario, smash Bros) would come out...

Chancellor Valium
08-05-2007, 06:24 PM
They do. Despite brilliant reviews, they're actually rubbish. Disgusted, everyone buys PS3s instead, to piss off Nintendo.

I wish there was more cake.

Nate the Great
08-05-2007, 09:40 PM
There was, but it's unedible carrot cake and (ugh) marzipan.

I wish that I had a DeLorean.

Chancellor Valium
08-06-2007, 06:54 AM
You do. Dotsie De Lorean, the sado-masochistic executive director of Bexhill-on-Sea.

I wish I had more inclination to get work done.

Nate the Great
08-06-2007, 07:14 AM
Your wish gets granted, but it turns out that your physical (postural?) inclination is altered by mistake, making you lean to one side ALL the time.

I wish that I was the model of a modern Major General (not really, but let's see what you guys come up with).

Burt
08-06-2007, 07:52 AM
Model of a Modern Major General? Nowadays? You are. And after your latest scandal involving the backhand payments, the brigadier's wife and that donkey, you are Dishonorably Discharged from the force.

I wish Piers Morgan would just.. go away.

Chancellor Valium
08-06-2007, 05:57 PM
He does. He goes away to Malaga for two weeks. Unfortunately, it's the same two weeks that you are there, and, by freak coincidence, he goes to the same resort as you, and in fact, is the only other English-speaking person. He bores you to near-death for two weeks solidly.

I wish I could remember more of the words of "Verbum supernum prodiens".

Nate the Great
10-16-2007, 08:30 AM
You can, but this is accomplished by rewiring your entire brain to only understand Latin.

I wish my copy of Super Smash Brothers worked.

Chancellor Valium
10-16-2007, 09:38 AM
facit!

It works for the pizza place down the road.

I wish my brother hadn't damaged my copy of 2001.

catalina_marina
10-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Your brother had nothing to do with damaging it. Instead it burnt down, together with your house and everything else you own.

I wish I had more time to hang around here.

Nate the Great
10-27-2007, 07:47 PM
You do, but the Speed Force evens things out by making time slow down for everyone else.

I wish we had flying cars, like we were promised by all those magazine ads back in the seventies.

NAHTMMM
10-27-2007, 08:43 PM
We do have flying cars, but they're feral and homicidal. Plus all their radios are stuck on the "Irritatingly Overplayed Song Of The Moment" station.

I wish KatyJane's Internet connection weren't so cruddy.

Nate the Great
10-28-2007, 12:27 AM
The crud is cleaned up, but in the process the lab of the scientist next door is also cleaned up, accidentally destroying the cure for cancer that he was working on.

I wish that people everywhere would agree to interchange the definitions of driveway and parkway so that we can all get on with our lives in a slightly more logical universe.

catalina_marina
10-28-2007, 02:00 AM
The definitions get interchanged. Twice for extra convenience.

I wish I could convince Canadians that they are, in fact, Americans.

NAHTMMM
10-28-2007, 02:26 AM
You could, but a few letters go wrong and you actually convince them that they're Armenians.

I wish there were an eighth day of the week.

catalina_marina
10-28-2007, 03:05 AM
There's an eighth day of the week, but God decided to be so lazy on that day, that he makes every puny human work for him. All day.

I wish I were tired so I'd be motivated to go to bed.

LtFielding
10-29-2007, 02:31 AM
You're house implodes while you sleep.

I wish nothing bad would happen to this wish.

Nate the Great
10-29-2007, 02:59 AM
Nothing bad happens, but nothing good happens either, in fact everyone in the universe is frozen in time.

I wish I understood why/how the meson inversion properties of Nth metal would create an antigravity effect.

NAHTMMM
10-29-2007, 11:47 PM
You understand why and how, but the Meson Mafia beat you up and kill you for having discovered their little secret.

I wish New York would quit annoying me.

LtFielding
11-05-2007, 05:31 AM
North Korea launches a nuke and destroys New York, causing a nuclear war that destroys spacetime.

I wish I had a sonic screwdriver.

Katy Jane
11-06-2007, 05:08 AM
You have a Sonic Screwdriver, but it's stuck on setting 15,457: melon baller

I wish for more wishes.

LtFielding
11-07-2007, 02:42 AM
You kill yourself because nothing comes true.

I wish more people would join my Jihad to put Dune above Star Wars and destroy Star Wars.

http://groups.google.com/group/dunejihad?lnk=gcimh

Nate the Great
11-07-2007, 03:14 AM
They do, but then they vote you out. The tribe has spoken!

I wish that there was a story where the hero isn't prompted to free the genie; he does it anyway. This act of selflessness earns him a lifetime of extra wishes because the reader knows that they'll only be used in good causes.

Burt
11-09-2007, 04:35 PM
You're committed to an asylum for such ludicrous ideas.

I wish I wasn't so darn hungry at the moment.

LtFielding
11-10-2007, 05:45 AM
You are so full that you explode.

I wish I had a working microphone for my laptop.

Nate the Great
11-26-2007, 05:41 AM
You do, but it works at the local McDonald's, so you are now totally microphone-less. :)

I wish that we had an ETA on the DVD-capable Revolution.

Burt
11-26-2007, 09:32 AM
You manage to hack in and find out that information, however Nintendo notice and dispatch a crack strike team who hunt you down and then beat you to death with a red koopa shell.

I wish I had Resident Evil: Umbrella now. Not in 4 days time.

Chancellor Valium
11-27-2007, 04:15 PM
You do. It's an umbrella that belonged to a Resident Doctor, and is evil. Say goodbye to your eyes!

I wish I could remember the quote from the "Fairly Oddparents" cartoon about dead and beeping flowers. (Seriously, does anyone know it?)

LtFielding
11-28-2007, 03:49 AM
You do, but it doesn't exist, so you go insane.
I wish my chinchilla didn't eat my pencil eraser.